Patron Nepal is accepting applications on behalf of students from all over the world for nursing internships in Bardibas, Nepal. Students come from a wide variety of nursing and health care programs from colleges and Universities in many countries. Because Nepal lacks adequate health care for a majority of their citizens there are many opportunities in Nepal to work at hospitals in Bardibas, as well as, bringing basic health care services to the mountain villages or working with private doctors and clinics.
Nursing Roles and Responsibilities
Because of the variety of programs offered in Nepal there are a number of activities, procedures, and or roles, in which you may be involved.
- Assist doctors and surgeons in hospital based treatments,
- Attend any meetings, lectures or information sessions per teaching hospital requirements,
- Work with emergency room staff to help urgent care procedures such as dressing wounds, taking vital signs,
- Visit elderly or disabled remote patients for routine checkups,
- Support record keeping.
Nepal is an optimal place for medical internship program for students or medical professionals. A WHO study in 2010 shows that, on average, only 2.1 physicians and 4.5 nurses or mid wives are available per 10,000 people in Nepal. Nepal is a tropical country with a high prevalence of disease. As warmer worldwide temperatures push these diseases further into the highlands the need for proper medical care will only increase. Please consider a nursing internship in Bardibas, Nepal today.
What We Provide
- Submit any applications required and process local paperwork, as required, depending on the program,
- Arrange for a hotel, guesthouse or homestay accommodation in the vicinity of your internship,
- Include meals at your guesthouse, as applicable,
- Airport pickups and transfers to and from your internship location,
- Assistance with any trekking trips or provide advice on other tourist activities,
- Medical and Nursing Internship identity card and certificates.
The possibility of doing something worthwhile for a social cause in being a part of Patron Nepal 'Sharing Experience' would be ideal and is designed perfectly with you in mind! We hope to hear from you soon and thank you in advance for your generosity!
To find out what will be covered in your programs cost package please check out our Program Fees page and for more information & application please use this Application Form.
Write a comment