Kindergarten volunteering is one of the most enjoyable learning experiences for anyone who truly loves and cares for children. A volunteer who wants to participate in this program is not required to have any special qualifications but merely needs to be caring, responsible, as well as, enthusiastic.
We provide you with a wonderful opportunity to teach kindergarten on a volunteer basis in beautiful, scenic Nepal. A volunteer can assist by helping on daily basis with activities set by the respective class teachers with the distribution of class materials, assisting with classwork activities, singing rhymes, coloring, drawing, managing the que for outdoor activities, including assisting with Tiffin time, nap time, etc.
A volunteer may be asked to perform other duties such as teaching mathematics or to serve as an English foreign language teacher in the event that you may be a native English speaker. In addion, volunteers may also be required to assist in the extracurricular activities of the school and, from time to time, with administrative work, as well.
Schedule of Kindergarten Volunteer:
- 1st day : Arrival in Kathmandu and travel to the hotel,
- 2nd day: Travel to Bardibas and arrive at The Solidarity Home or local hotel. There will be a basic language orientation, familiarisation with the location and culture, as well as, the host family/ hotel to be followed by free time,
- 3rd day to 7th day Volunteering,
- 8th day: City and community village tour followed by free time,
- 9th Return to Kathmandu and tour,
- 10th Buy gift for family and friends, visit local market,
- 11th Return home.
The time and schedule is flexible and can be changed or managed accordingly to suit your wishes. If the length of time which you will be able to volunteer is more than a week there will be time for additional activities or outings such as hiking, cultural exchange, as well as, adventure programs. Volunteers will be able to visit other nearby cities and we can provide assistance in the form of helping to coordinate such activities or visits by managing tickets, hotels, etc. including providing guide services.